Monday, July 30, 2007

Lake Tahoe






It’s been awhile since I’ve updated…it’s been a pretty crazy summer so far and it seems as though it’s beginning to slow down a tiny bit. It’s funny, I had these visions of this great laid-back summer where we spent the mornings at the library and the afternoons reading under the ceiling fan…maybe next week.

Our big vacation for the summer was camping at Tahoe. We’ve been home now for a couple of weeks…but I must say it was the most exhausting and the most beautiful and amazing time. I LOVE Tahoe. I have spent the last few weeks trying to figure out how we could just move there and live year round. We spent the week at Livermore’s campground—Camp Shelly, the best little campground in the world (that is not an overstatement). We went with a bunch of friends and family and ate really well, played really hard, chased and listened to other people chasing away a mama bear and her cubs, not one, or two, but three nights in a row. We ate homemade ice-cream with the rangers, played volleyball vs. Camp Concord, some of us attempted to summit Mt. Tallac (too many kids attempting), went swimming early in the morning before breakfast, waterskiiers, and the warmth of the sun (let me just say that those morning swims were breathtaking in more than one way), rode bikes, swam, dove off of piers, played in the sand at the beach and the dirt in camp, ate…let’s see, am I forgetting something? Anyway, we had a great time. And even though I’m a bit hampered right now with two babies…these little trips are worth the hardship.

So meet us there next year—same time, same place.

4 comments:

daisy said...

Sounds divine!

sadie said...

Yeah, I'm saving my trip for Lake Tahoe next year, not when Dustin's off having fun and we're stuck with Dell Valle (not a bad place, but definitely doesn't compare to Tahoe). I love that picture of Alice in the bucket.

Kale for Sale said...

I can't believe I missed the homemade ice cream with the ranger! Do you think he would make more next year? I love the pictures and am laughing because I don't even recognize all those kids in the group boat shot. It looks like two Dylans, maybe Lily's braid but who is that little girl in the sand and where's Libby?

nana said...

count us in... we hope!!! Great pictures