Jane, blowing out her candles on her purple, pink and green cupcakes.
So even though it was a month ago, I guess it’s time to compose a tribute to Jane whose fourth birthday was on January 26th. Four? You ask? Yes. Four. I know.
This year has been a great one for Jane. She:
· Learned to ride a bike without training wheels. Yes. Almost a year ago.
· Started preschool. (She pretends like she hates it, but really she loves it.)
· Likes to do everything ‘all by myself.’ Of course.
· Favorite color: purple
· Favorite thing to do: play Polly pocket while watching Davy Crockett. Did you say Davy Crockett? Yes. I did. She loves that buckskin pioneer who killed himself a ‘bar’ when he was only three. Ok. I get it; my kids have weird taste in movies.
· Likes to be in charge.
· Still loves to snuggle in the mornings.
· Has been going through a phase that consists of crying until she gets what she wants. We’re hoping she’ll grow out of it by the time she’s ten.
· Still, adorably, sucks her thumb.
And we love her. What a great four years it has been.
Happy Birthday Jane!