Monday, September 24, 2007

Busy



I have wanted to post for a while, however, we are booked solid with getting ready for the Prusso family reunion…which is going to be held at our house in two weeks. Dustin is in a flurry to finish our bedroom and tile the bathroom floor so that we can at least set a toilet. Alas, we will still have only one shower. Of course I decided that none of our other quilts would match our new bedroom, so…true to my nature I am making a quilt down to the wire. It’ll be a beaut though. I’ll post a pic as soon as it’s finished. Needless to say, the rest of our lives are completely being neglected…I’ll be excited to get back to being a good mom soon. It is fun to finally be working on a project, though, I haven’t got the sewing machine out since Jane was born.

The barn is close to being finished, and by barn I mean 4,000 square foot shop/garage (no animals intended). It will house many of the festivities of the reunion, a deHaro Christmas party, and Canyon & Hannah’s wedding reception. Like the tractor and the golf cart before it, every day I’ll say: “How did we ever live without this barn?” Anyway, hopefully you all can come soon to partake in all these wonderful adventures…oh, I forgot to mention the new chicken coop (palace really) that Jeremy built.
Hope you’re not as busy as me.

5 comments:

tami said...

Hey Emily! It's fun to read about the happenings in Livermore, I miss living out there. We've been lucky to see Canyon and Hannah twice this month already. We want to come see you guys soon; Derek will be in Los Banos the 2nd week in October for work... Ella & I might follow him out. We'll let you know as it gets closer. I'm not sure I can handle that drive with a 2-year-old. Anyway, we like reading your blog, so keep posting.

sadie said...

That would explain why Alice called my phone the other day and said, "Alice hungry. Need food. No mommy." I didn't think she was serious, but I sent some food stamps--just to be safe.

Marty Reeder said...

Oh my gosh. A barn. Forget the toilet. Forget the shower. Just go live in the barn. I cannot wait to see it.

Kale for Sale said...

Emily - Is the barn going to get in the way of the cows and the community garden and does it have a root cellar? I can't wait to see the new quilt!

Ashley said...

Hello emily. I found your blog and have enjoyed reading it very much.

Sounds like things are CRAZY !! Let's have lunch when things slow down.hahah Ok, let's squeeze lunch in somewhere.