Friday, July 18, 2008

Little Jane


It’s always a sad day when your kids favorite aunt or uncle starts a family of their own, because, suddenly your kids take second place to their own. So unfair. However, we have a bit of an anomaly in the Prusso family. Uncle Jeremy has always been a great uncle to my kids…as well as a great dad to his own. I guess he can split it both ways. He has a special bond with Jane, though—he can get her to sleep during Sunday School in about three minutes flat and she always has a particularly special, slobbery, wet kiss reserved for him.

He called me the other night and told me he’d written a song for her. He sang it to me over the phone…and I cried like a baby. He sang it for her the next day and she danced. I want him to sing it at her wedding. What do you think? You can find it here and it’s called “Little Jane.”

6 comments:

nana said...

of course we always love Jeremy's songs!!! Teary eyed Papa and Nana... Good job Jer

Lisa said...

yeah, okay. I cried too.

*sniff* That jeremy....

Julie said...

Cute post! Loved the song, that is so sweet he wrote a song about her.

sadie said...

At first I thought this post was going to be about me. Once I got over that I agreed that Jeremy is the best uncle. Can I adopt him for my kids, too?

daisy said...

Jane will have a special bond with Jeremy, yes, but she will always have a closer bond with me....remember I nursed her twice. Top that Jeremy!

Emily said...

Sadie, you're pretty good too at juggling the Aunt/mother thing. Probably because you've been an aunt longer than a mother.