Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Miss Jane Elizabeth Turns Four.


Jane, blowing out her candles on her purple, pink and green cupcakes.


So even though it was a month ago, I guess it’s time to compose a tribute to Jane whose fourth birthday was on January 26th. Four? You ask? Yes. Four. I know.

This year has been a great one for Jane. She:

· Learned to ride a bike without training wheels. Yes. Almost a year ago.

· Started preschool. (She pretends like she hates it, but really she loves it.)

· Likes to do everything ‘all by myself.’ Of course.

· Favorite color: purple

· Favorite thing to do: play Polly pocket while watching Davy Crockett. Did you say Davy Crockett? Yes. I did. She loves that buckskin pioneer who killed himself a ‘bar’ when he was only three. Ok. I get it; my kids have weird taste in movies.

· Likes to be in charge.

· Still loves to snuggle in the mornings.

· Has been going through a phase that consists of crying until she gets what she wants. We’re hoping she’ll grow out of it by the time she’s ten.

· Still, adorably, sucks her thumb.

And we love her. What a great four years it has been.

Happy Birthday Jane!

4 comments:

sadie said...

Happy Birthday Jane. She is so cute. Can't wait to have a little girl just like her. Minus the crying. Is it too late to special order that?

clayre said...

I can't believe we missed it. I love Jane. Maggie still sucks her thumb too, unless she has fingernail polish on her sucking thumb. Just haven't felt the need to stop her yet. Wish we lived closer.

daisy said...

ummmm....that was Daisy not Clayre. But Clayre does love Jane too.

Emily said...

I thought it a bit odd that Clayre was suddenly the responsible adult discussing how and when Maggie should stop sucking her thumb.

She'll be a great little mama.

But I do wish we lived closer too.