Saturday, August 11, 2007

Emily's Pity Party Invitation


You are all welcome to join me on my “Dustin went backpacking for a week and left me vulnerable with four crazy kids” pity party. It was, to say the least, a difficult week…besides temper tantrums, an all-nighter with Alice, shots for both babies, plenty of “playdates,” a trip to the lake…and the icing on the cake (literally) the gallon size container of syrup that Lily dropped on the bomb shelter floor (insert plenty of crying here, by mom, Lily, & a hungry baby Jane) it was the week of exhaustion. Oh did I mention that we are having the annual Root beer tasting Elder’s quorum party tonight? 120 people, children, and gallons of gourmet root beer. Yep, it’s that kind of week. So join me for a pity party: there will be lots of chocolate involved and a few tears.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh. My. Gosh. HOW do you do it? I simply don't know. (bowing down to you here).

daisy said...

I have to agree with Lisa. You are a trooper Em! BRAVO! BRAVO!

I didn't have that bad of a week, although Kate did have to get 4 staples in the back her head because of the gash she got from falling on a bookcase corner.... I didn't really know about until Clayre 5 minutes later informed me that Kate was dripping blood every where.

Papa said...

How sad for you guys. Nana and I "suffered" through our annual visit to Teton National Park. The mornings were cool and refreshing and the evenings...(I'll not elaborate). To think that while we were hiking 12 miles, risking bear attacks and sun burns, Emily and Daisy were having experiences that will make great journal entries. All I got was a lousy t-shirt (and a wonderful time with your mother).

sadie said...

Em, I'll join. I've had a hard week, too. I had to cook dinner two nights in a row (can you believe it?) and on top of that I had to do a couple loads of laundry. Trust me. I know how you're feeling.

nana said...

I think syrup is worst than eggs... although Daisy's blood is a close crazy second... how come Papa and I didn't hear about any of these disasters this week????

Suma said...

Hi, the Pty Party Invitation is very excellent...

cheers,
suma
-------------------------------------------
http://www.gourmet-chocolates.org/

Lisa said...

Basically, you got spammed, Em. Suma sounds really nice but she's really just an ad. :) The chocolates look good, though!!

Shayne said...

You think it is hard being home, think of poor Dustin. Up there, camping, in the woods, not working. Probably missing his family sooooo much. Poor guy.

Kale for Sale said...

I'm a little late to the party. Is there any chocolate left? And who was having the temper tantrums? I know it wasn't the kids. They are far too cute for that.