Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Potty Training Monologues




Alice is still struggling with, and I’m going to have to get graphic here, poop. Yesterday, she managed to poo in her panties at IKEA. This is not the first time she’s done this…pooing in public thing. Apparently pooing in your pants in front of many strangers is a heck of a lot easier than pooing in the privacy of your own bathroom stall. I, myself, deserve a gold medal for being patient and, under the circumstances, somewhat kind. We cleaned it up and then went on with our shopping.
However, upon returning home I decided we needed a little motivation so we called Cinderella (a.k.a. Aunt Sadie).

Alice: (with some prompting) Do princesses poo in their panties?
Cinderella: Why no, I go poo in the potty.
Me: Don’t you want to be a princess and poo in the potty like Cinderella?
Alice: Hmm, maybe I’ll be Snow White.
Cinderella: (suppressing a giggle) Oh, Alice, I’m friends with Snow White and I happen to know that she poos in the potty, too.
Alice: Oh.

So. Not sure if that worked. Anyone have some ideas? Cuz I’m getting tired of cleaning up poo.

8 comments:

Papa said...

When my brother Dean did his weekly I noticed that he used a radio or a newspaper or something to take his mind of the business at hand. In fact my mother used to call it "doing your business."

Shayne said...

I wish I knew what to tell you. Last time I was in IKEA I pooped my pants too.

tami said...

Oh, Emily, I'm so sorry!! We're having our struggles too, we've been talking about getting a princess tea set and having a tea party when she can go 7 days with no accidents. We were on a 5-day streak when she peed her pants twice in 2 hours; once while we were in the car. grrr. You do deserve a medal for patience, I could not handle poopy pants.

Did you check out the wrapping paper at IKEA? I got 7 rolls this weekend for less than $3. I love IKEA.

Kale for Sale said...

Shayne - You got me! I needed a good laugh.

Emily/Sadie - The Cinderella hotline is brilliant.

J Bentham said...

Would Cinderella be willing to work with a 5 year old boy who is insisting on dropping his pants and delivering a "booty shake?"His name is Alexander, but I call him Mr. Bingley. "Mr. Bingley, pull your pants up!"

Julie said...

That is too funny. Wish I had some good advice, maybe there needs to be a Poo Fairy.....not sure how that would work though :)

sadie said...

Yes, the Cinderella hotline is always open for any indecent or un-princesslike behavior. I also make a nice Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, and Snow White.

Hope it works out for you, Em. But remember even Cinderella has her accidents sometimes, too.

Donna said...

Hi Emily,
When I read your comment on Katrina's Blog (and I do share your guilt) I had to immediately find out about "Princess Poo". I am so completely impressed that you have direct lines to Cinderella and through her to Snow White...and to learn that even princesses poo. You should publish your tales because there are lots of little critters who could you YOUR help.
Love, Aunt Donna

PS when I retire I'll help in your garden