Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Holiday

Our Cabin "Pinon"

Dustin and I finally took a weekend away. It was our anniversary and we haven’t been a night away from the kids for several years. I was nervous at first, but by the end of the trip I was ready and willing and wishing that we could stay away at least a year or so longer. It was so GREAT! (no offense to the kids). We went and stayed at this little resort in the Sierras, just off of highway 88. We’ve often driven that way from Tahoe and have always wanted to spend more time there. The place that we stayed, Sorensen's, was amazing. We had our own little two-person cabin, set in the most beautiful place imaginable. We ate all of our meals out on their little deck, amidst mountain flowers and lots of butterflies, and went hiking and to some hot springs, just laid in a hammock, read, slept in, ate and ate, and even had time to fit in a movie at the nearest little town. I’m not quite ready to come back to reality, but to reality we are and we hit it HARD.

Thanks to Grandma Laurie who exhausted herself with our four angelic children…probably she didn’t even have to lift a finger, they’re so perfect. She should really be thanking us.


Where we ate our meals.

5 comments:

daisy said...

Looks divine. I'm so glad you finally went.

Mandy said...

looks like a little piece of heaven... and now you know what a little time away can do -- it's good for the soul. :)

jami v. said...

too funny ... i just posted that comment, but mandy was logged in ... sheesh. why does she always get the credit?! :) anyhoo ... looks fun. i love a little get-away - even for a night. :)

sadie said...

It's good to know that in about eight years, Christian and I will get a night away. I'll hang on to that for the next decade.

Ashley said...

Looks...wait, I was going to say divine but then I noticed that daisy beat me to it. Um, it looks heavenly. Glad you had a weekend away.