Friday, January 23, 2009

I Quit.




I have been overwhelmed with laundry. Last night I asked for help from some person who lives in our house and who has the ability to fold laundry. It didn’t happen. So I didn’t fold the laundry. When I got home from swimming this morning this was the state of the clean laundry basket. Everyone ravished it for clean clothes and went on their way. It hadn’t occurred to me that this would be ok. But --here’s a secret-- apparently they don’t care if you fold their clothes or not. They wear them just the same. That’ll cut down on several hours a week. I’m so EXCITED!

You can thank me later for the tip.

9 comments:

daisy said...

Yes. I just toss each child's clothes in their basket and then THEY take it and put them away. Folded or not folded it is up to them. I'm glad you've discovered this.

Bookfool said...

That's what my sister does. She cleans the laundry, but she never puts anything away -- even her own clothing. They have huge baskets full of clean things and a pile in their bedroom. She irons what she wants to wear and lets everyone else worry about their stuff. Whatever works, right?

sadie said...

That would never work for us. CJ insists that I have his clothes washed, pressed, and dry cleaned if necessary and all put away. I think he learned it from his dad.

Wife of a Traveler said...

I quit 3 years ago.

Lisa said...

Here's another: I don't even get it out of the DRYER. We just dig through the dryer to see if there is anything in there that belongs to us. Extra bonus is that sometimes it's still warm!!

You go, girl!

jami v. said...

sweet. i was thinking of doing just that since cole just throws his folded laundry out of his drawer until he finds what he wants, and then stuffs it back in. i'm with you. i'm joining the "tossed" laundry group. :) xoox

Shannon and Cameron said...

Womanly chores = OVER RATED!!!

Shayne said...

Interesting tip. A shame that Lily would not help you fold the clothes even though she is capable.

Mandy said...

I may have to try that. Our Sunday evenings consist of folding 8-10 loads of laundry...and then Monday morning, I spend an hour putting it away and every time...I end up re-folding everything in the drawer to make it fit nicely. You're right, they don't care, so why do we?