Monday, August 23, 2010

School

I don't buy my kids new school clothes. Am I a bad mom? My mom always got us new school clothes, but I guess I feel like I don't need to. Summer weather hangs on here until October, so there's not really a clothing season change. Their summer clothes and clothes from last year seem fine. And if, during the year, they need some pants or shoes, we just go and get them. Alice and Jane have the advantage of the bins of clothes downstairs that used to be Lily's--so I almost never have to get them anything at all.

The beauty of it: they don't seem to even be aware that there is such a thing as new school clothes.

So, I'll posit this question one more time. Am I a bad mom?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Smart mom!!! I LOVED school shopping just before school started with my mom and sisters when I was young. It was tradition. I tried it with my boys this year....nightmare. I think I bought them each 2 shirts and we packed up and came home! I think I'm going with your approach next year!