Monday, April 2, 2007

A Lesson on Shoes


After dropping Canyon off at school, Alice, Baby Jane, and I decided to go for a walk. I’ve been running on the treadmill, but my knees are sore…so we decided to take it easy and go for a little walk. For the first half, I did the walk and talk (on the phone with Krisanne). In the midst of my conversation Alice kept on yelling to me that she wanted to get out of the stroller or something so I finally got off the phone to see what she needed and as I did—I realized that she had no shoes on. Normally I would have just kept on going and left the shoes to be someone else’s trash or treasure. I mean, lets be honest, those shoes only last a few months before they’re into the next size…however, these are Alice’s favorite pink crocs, that cost a small fortune (as far as kid’s shoes go). So, I turned around and walked a 1/2 mile back to where they were quietly resting in the shade of the bike path. Alice screamed the rest of the extra-long way home. Despite my efforts to keep her entertained with bouts of:
“Look at the flowers, what color are they.”
Singing the abc’s.
“Look at the baby sheep (goats, kitties, birds, squirrels).”
“You want an apple (cracker, water, etc)?”
“You want to get out of the stroller?” A whining, sobbing, hysterical, “Yes” “Ok, one more minute.” Even though we were several minutes away from anything remotely familiar as our house.
How do you explain to a 20-month-old to KEEP YOUR SHOES ON!! At least Jane slept soundly through it all.
I’m posting some more pictures because Krisanne (the croc losing culprit), is anxious to see my kids. She doesn’t believe me when I tell her how absolutely beautiful they are. We should be able to get a lot of money for them on ebay.


Canyon, Lily, & Alice

Me & Baby Jane

6 comments:

Shayne said...

Actually, when selling kids, I think Craigslist is the way to go. Ebay has too many regulations on human selling.

Brooke said...

OK. Awesomely cute kids. I'd buy them if I were rich. And had a couple of Mary Poppinses.

About the Easter baskets...I think I'd really mostly like to be a judge.

daisy said...

Who is that hot mommy?

I'm out on the Easter baskets and you can go to Parly's blog to read about her disappointment. (see my blog for a link)

Marty Reeder said...

Your daughter/shoe-taking-off solution is simple. Tell her that there is acid in the ground and that if she doesn't have her shoes on for more than five minutes, the acid will eat away her feet into little nubs and if she wants to get anywhere after that, she'll have to do handstands with gloves on.

I'm going to be the best dad, ever.

Lily Prusso said...

its a good thing you went back for them Alice loves those shoes.(next time she should wear her yellow sneekers)

Lily Prusso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.